Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fried Rice

  • 4 cups cooked rice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 small carrots (I use baby carrots and they work just fine)
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup frozen peas (I use twice as many because I love veggies)
  • 3 eggs, thinly cooked (I have also used four when I have lots of eggs)
  • Sesame oil (optional)
  • Soy Sauce (optional)
  1. In a large fry pan or a wok, saute onion in butter on low heat. Add salt.
  2. Turn pan up to medium. Add the carrot and broth. Cook until the liquid is absorbed.
  3. Add the frozen peas, cooked rice and cooked eggs. If you would like, add sesame oil (about 1 tablespoon) and soy sauce to taste.
  4. Cook until thoroughly warmed.

Found on: http://anordinarymom.wordpress.com

0 comments: